Friday, July 29, 2011

First Round Of Cuts For Patriots



The Patriots have cut LB Tully Banta-Cain, CB Tony Carter, TE Alge Crumpler, OL Nick Kaczur, DL Marcus Stroud, DL Ty Warren and rookie free agent Ryan Coulson.

This sends a message to me that Belichick is continuing on the youth movement started last season. Expect to see quite a bit from rookies Nate Solder (T), and Lee Smith (TE). With the release of Warren and veteran Marcus Stroud I'd be looking for more time from either 3rd year DT Myron Pryor, 2nd year undrafted DT Kyle Love, or most likely 2nd year 7th round pick Brandon Deaderick... who not only impressed with his 2 sacks but his killer flat top.

Another scenario could be another signing, usually I wouldn't expect it, but with the developments in the past 2 days... I'd expect basically anything.


Here's Ty Warren's Statement

“I appreciate the Pats through the years,” Warren told the Herald. “They’re doing some things defensively and choose to go in a different direction. I thank the Krafts for the opportunity and drafting me in 2003. It was a pleasure. I will be moving on to bigger and better things. We are sorting out and will look forward to wearing a contending NFL team jersey this fall.”




.

No comments:

Post a Comment